Software Engineer III (Remote Option)
What You'll Do
As a Software Engineer in our Individual Life and DI department you will be working in a team environment seeking to be innovative, efficient and product focused. If you enjoy this style of environment and have a desire to deliver solutions that will enable efficient methods of servicing our clients, then this may be the position for you! Your day will be filled with creating and supporting technology solutions for Life and DI insurance products designed to financially help customers when they need help the most. If you enjoy using technology to solve problems and delivering solutions that make a difference for customers, this position could be for you.
What you will be doing:
- Be part of a cohesive and collaborative team working together in an agile format to deliver high quality software
- Be responsible for driving requirements, analysis, design, coding, automated testing, debugging, implementation, security, and maintenance. Understand and make well-reasoned design decisions and trade-offs
- Implement insurance calculations by working with non-IT partners (e.g. Accounting, Reinsurance, Actuarial) to support life and disability insurance products and customers
- Ability to learn multiple programming languages
- Be proactive in finding opportunities for continuous learning and improvement within the team
- Collaborate with your scrum team for all aspects of software development (design, develop, test, document, maintain and improve)
- Continuously learn and grow with the team as we seek to implement new technologies, improve our coding practices, and evolve our engineering culture
- Experiment with new tools, technologies and practices to deliver business value within the organization
- Solve interesting and complex problems to deliver value to our business
Who You Are
We are looking for someone with:
- Associate's or bachelor’s degree with a preference in a technology, math, science, or engineering related field or
- 3+ years of equivalent work experience
- Previous work experience programming with COBOL
- Analytical ability to problem-solve and produce high quality results
- Ability to work on cross-functional teams and collaborate with IT and non-IT partners
- Planning, decision-making, time-management and communication skills required
- Required to provide on-call support
- Desire to learn in a fast-paced environment by seeking out educational opportunities and leveraging peers’ experience
- Able to clearly communicate technical concepts to business stakeholders as well as communicate business objectives to the technical team and get buy-in
Tools used by the team:
- Languages: COBOL, JCL, Java, Informatica
- Databases: DB2, VSAM
Salary Range InformationSalary ranges below reflect targeted base salaries. Non-sales positions have the opportunity to participate in a bonus program. Sales positions are eligible for sales incentives, and in some instances a bonus plan, whereby total compensation may far exceed base salary depending on individual performance. Actual compensation for all roles will be based upon geographic location, work experience, education, licensure requirements and/or skill level and will be finalized at the time of offer.
Salary Range$77350 - $182400 / year
This role offers the ability for in-office, hybrid (blending both office and remote work in a typical workweek), and remote work arrangements. You’ll work with your leader to determine which option may align best based on several factors.
We’ll consider talent at the next level with the right experiences and skills.
At this time, we're not considering candidates that need any type of immigration sponsorship (additional work authorization or permanent work authorization) now or in the future to work in the United States? This includes, but IS NOT LIMITED TO: F1-OPT, F1-CPT, H-1B, TN, L-1, J-1, etc. For additional information around work authorization needs please use the following links.
Nonimmigrant Workers and Green Card for Employment-Based Immigrants
Investment Code of Ethics
For Principal Global Investors positions, you’ll need to follow an Investment Code of Ethics related to personal and business conduct as well as personal trading activities for you and members of your household. These same requirements may also apply to other positions across the organization.
While our expertise spans the globe, we're bound by one common purpose: to foster a world where financial security is accessible to all. And our success depends on the unique experiences, backgrounds, and talents of our employees – individually and all of us together. Explore our core values, benefits and why we’re an exceptional place to grow your career.
Principal is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
LinkedIn Remote Hashtag#LI-Remote