Why USAA?At USAA, we have an important mission:
facilitating the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. Not all of our employees served in our nation s military, but we all share in the mission to give back to those who did. We re working as one to build a great experience and make a real impact for our members.
We believe in our core values of honesty, integrity, loyalty and service. They re what guides everything we do from how we treat our members to how we treat each other. Come be a part of what makes us so special!
We are seeking a dedicated End User Experience Technologist. This person will have executive level communicating skills, high level creation skill using PowerPoint as well as a strong background in mapping end user experience. The skills that will set you apart in this role; experience with Employee Persona Development, Mapping of User Experience Technology Processes and creation of a EURS (End User Resource Site)
This position will work in a hybrid work type and can be based in one of the following locations:
San Antonio, TX; Plano, TX; Phoenix, AZ; Charlotte, NC; Colorado Springs, CO or Tampa, FL. Hybrid roles help employees gain the best of both worlds collaborating in-person in the office and working from home when needed to achieve focused results.
What you'll do:
- Identifies and leads existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies, standards, and procedures for business activities.
- Works with business and Subject Matter Experts to understand business strategy and vision and then writes, refines, accepts and prioritizes stories and/or features to support effective and compliant solutions while balancing investment and business value.
- Owns and maintains a prioritized work backlog for one or more Agile teams. Product backlog includes complete user stories with acceptance criteria so that they are consumable and testable by the Agile team or program. Reviews and accepts output of I/T and/or business development to ensure specified acceptance criteria have been completed.
- Serves as direct representative of the business with one or more delivery teams, representing the customers' perspective throughout the product delivery cycle.
- Participates in a cross-functional team of user experience partners, designers, business analysts, developers, testers and others to develop, implement, solution and release in alignment with program, portfolio or product road maps.
- Partners with sponsors, team members, and IT to facilitate, define and document relevant business processes, gaining an expert understanding of the needs, measures, and risks & controls for the improvement area.
- Prepares the business for the change and provides tactics and metrics for benefits, adoption, and risk. Leverages existing change management routines, as needed.
- Works with different technologies, internal and external to have oversight of development, testing and controls.
- Apply expert knowledge in the business development/execution team, regularly seeking out opportunities to enhance, improve and advance the function.
- Coaches and mentors other Product Owners.
- Demonstrates knowledge in multiple business or system domains and is capable of leading development across multiple teams at the program level.
What you have:
- Bachelor s degree; OR 4 years of related experience (in addition to the minimum years of experience required) may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Proven experience in process improvement, project delivery, business/requirements analysis or directly related to supported business operations/product line.
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office products, applicable databases and product management tools.
- Proficient knowledge of multiple technical software delivery methodologies (i.e., Agile, Waterfall, SAFe) with a consistent track record in using these skills to develop and lead products through the entire product life cycle.
- Experience analyzing business requirements, process flows and use cases to find opportunities to streamline business processes in accordance with risk management framework and regulatory requirements.
- Advanced knowledge and demonstrated use of Process Engineering methodologies.
- Ability to independently work to gather business requirements, process flows and use cases to develop and deliver on business capabilities within the approved methodology, writing user stories, and following the development process through user story acceptance.
- Experience in analyzing business requirements and ability to find opportunities to drive decisions and streamline business processes in accordance with risk management framework and regulatory requirements.
What sets you apart:
- Creation/Ownership of End User Resource Site experience
- Six plus years of experience with Employee Persona Development, Mapping of User Experience Technology Processes
- Communication expertise to include both written and verbal
- Strong background in change management principles and methodology
- High level skills with Microsoft Office, with an emphasis in Excel and PowerPoint
- Proven experience crafting and communicating reporting to executive level leadership
- US military experience through military service or a military spouse/domestic partner
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job
What we offer:
USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market data of the position. The actual salary for this role may vary by location. The salary range for this position is:
$95,250 - $182,030.
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance and at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
For more details on our outstanding benefits, please visit our benefits page on USAAjobs.com.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
USAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.Estimated Salary: $20 to $28 per hour based on qualifications.