Continuous Improvement Engineer - Dedicated Transportation (REMOTE)
If you are a current employee at Ryder (not a Contractor or temporary employee through a staffing agency), please click here (http://wd5.myworkday.com/ryder/d/task/1422$3.htmld) to log in to Workday to apply using the internal application process.
You are the driving force behind our company.
Start your career with Ryder today!
The Continuous Improvement Engineer supports the development of the Ryder Continuous Improvement culture in all employees across the Business Unit/Vertical by actively promoting and facilitating the use of continuous improvement methods to support new business and existing operations. Using knowledge of engineering methodologies, tools, and data analysis, this position will interface with employee at all levels and various functions across the business and within a facility.
- 3-4 years of data analysis experience - Required
- Excel (advanced level), Access (intermediate level) and SQL (intermediate level) experience - Required
- Transportation experience or Supply Chain experience - Required
- Continuous improvement mentality and ability to drive change within an established business
- Transportation modeling/solutions development experience
- Transportation metrics & data visualization
- Proficient in transportation modeling tools such as Appian Direct Route, JDA Transportation Modeler or Llamasoft Supply Chain Guru
- Ability to analyze transportation data for optimization opportunities, dedicated route design and strategic network analysis
- Strong customer facing presence and ability to clearly articulate savings opportunities with the customer.
- Engineer is responsible for analysis and utilization of continuous improvement tools and Lean methodologies to design supply chain solutions in current and future operations.
- Collects data and performs statistical analysis
- Maps and documents processes. Recommends and implements process improvement
- Establishes and implements performance measures
- Re-designs and/or re-engineers logistics processes
- Supports business development and creates efficient designs and solutions
- Develops efficient utilization of resources (labor force, drivers and equipment)
- Applies company methodologies and tools to design efficient transportation operations
- Confers with engineering & operations managers to implement efficient & competitive solutions
- Collects data and performs statistical analysis. Maps and documents processes. Independently identifies process gaps; recommends and implements process improvement. Works on complex problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Develop a thorough, effective, and timely continuous improvement plan to address the top business needs at Ryder sites (transformation plan development and execution). Drive process improvement activities to achieve dramatic improvement in the key business metrics of safety, quality, delivery, cost, and employee development
- Develop advanced competency in wide range of engineering methods, Lean tools, and quality standards and coaches employees in the use and implementation of CI, Quality Assurance, & Lean principles. Applies engineering methodologies/tools such as product slotting, studying labor standards (time studies), layouts and optimization of flow, data profiling and analysis, and resource modeling to improve distribution and/or transportation operations. Provide regular reports of data and actions to measure progress against the site objectives. Makes Inventory and/or Supply Chain strategy recommendations
- Effective facilitation and execution Value Stream Maps & Kaizen Events through all stages (A3 charter ideation / creation, pre-work identification and completion, delivery of results in Kaizen week, regular follow up and follow through on sustainment). Independently identifies process gaps, recommends and implements process improvement. Coach process owners on how to use engineering methods to achieve operational excellence
- Completes event planning, perform pre-work, facilitates teams and supports events (includes; start-ups, expansion & closure). Follow-up on events and audit compliance to lean plans to prevent backsliding. Supports continuous improvement deployment using fundamentals of lean (standard work, visual management, continuous flow). Completes CI projects that lead to improved business results. Assesses CI initiatives and provides input and recommendations on future activities
- Design, implement, monitor and maintain the QMS based on established company and/or industry standards. Implement and monitor a standardized corrective action system. Support regulatory compliance and certification requirements. Perform all functions related to Quality Assurance for a start-up or expansion
- Performs other duties as assigned
Skills and Abilities
- Lean: Functional Experience with: Creating Cell Designs, Managing Material Flow, Design Plan for Every Part Systems (PFEP), Setting up/operation of Kanban, Supermarket Systems, Pull Systems, Lean Mfg Systems, Developing and most important managing to: Leader Standard Work, Visual Management Systems and Management Accountability Systems, Plan-Do-Check-Act (PDCA), Kaizen Facilitation
- Warehousing Engineering: Functional Experience with: Product Slotting, Distribution Center MHE, Studying Labor Standards (time studies), Distribution Layouts and optimization of flow, Warehouse Metrics, Headcount rationalization and forecasting, Data Profiling
- Bachelor's degree required Engineering, Business, Supply Chain Bachelors Degree or minimum of 4 years relevant work experience
- Bachelor's degree preferred Supply Chain Management or Industrial Engineering Bachelors Degree
- Four (4) years or more Minimum of four years of related experience in the Distribution, Warehousing and/or Manufacturing, Transportation, Supply Chain Logistics industry is required required
- Four (4) years or more Minimum of four years of related experience in the Distribution, Warehousing, Transportation, Supply Chain Logistics industry is preferred preferred
- Other Lean, TPS, QMS preferred
- Other American Production Inventory Control Society (APICS) and/or Supply Chain Logistics Certification
Travel: Less than 10%
DOT Regulated: No
Applicants from Colorado: Salary is determined based on internal equity; internal salary ranges; market data/ranges; applicant’s skills; prior relevant experience; certain degrees or certifications, etc. The salary for this position ranges from $80,000 to $82,000.
Applicants from Colorado: Ryder offers comprehensive health and welfare benefits, to include medical, prescription, dental, vision, life insurance and disability insurance options, as well as paid time off for vacation, illness, bereavement, family and parental leave, and a tax-advantaged 401(k) retirement savings plan.
Job Category: Continuous Improvement
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Similar jobs near me
- Network System Administrator: Roles and Responsibilities
- Peculiarities of Network Architect's Career Path and Training
- Network and Computer Systems Administrator: Way to Success
- Network Systems Administrator: The Key to Successful Career
- Revealing the Potential Earnings of a Computer Systems Network Administrator: An Inside Look