How youll help us Keep Climbing (overview & key responsibilities)
The Aircraft Support Mechanic (ASM) is a critical TechOps role at Delta. In this role, you will serve as part of the crew that helps maintain the proper and safe functioning of Delta’s fleet, ensuring customers have an exceptional travel experience. ASMs work independently or as a team to accomplish tasks, and may assist Aircraft Maintenance Technicians (AMTs) in technical or non-technical functions related to aircraft interiors (or other areas as needed).
This position is the perfect entry-level mechanic position. You will have many opportunities to work with and learn from experienced AMTs, who are in charge of inspecting, implementing, or overseeing maintenance and alterations of aircraft and aircraft systems. Under their mentorship, you will develop key knowledge and skills that will help prepare you to advance your career at Delta Air Lines.
Summary of responsibilities (not comprehensive of all tasks):
- Performs all work activities in accordance with established laws, regulations, standards, safety protocols, and procedures to ensure safety of self and others.
- Conducts inspections to locate damage, defects, or wear that may affect safety, reliability, or customer experience, reporting issues as appropriate.
- Recommends replacement, repair, or modification of aircraft equipment based on inspection.
- Reports issues, malfunctions, unusual wear, or damage to appropriate personnel, as required.
- Tests machinery, mechanical equipment, components, and parts for defects to ensure proper functioning.
- Installs, removes, or modifies aircraft structures, systems, or components, following drawings, schematics, charts, engineering orders, and technical publications.
- Repairs worn, defective, or damaged parts or components (e.g., seat gears, tray tables, wiring/electrical), using hand tools, gauges, and testing equipment.
- Troubleshoots equipment or systems operation problems.
- Interprets discrepancies or logs (written or verbal) to understand history and nature of issue, to troubleshoot issue, and to identify required next steps (e.g., fix, defer, replace).
- Reads and interprets technical manuals and guidelines to perform inspections, installations, repairs, or other work activities.
- Maintains repair logs, documenting all preventative and corrective aircraft maintenance activities.
- Interprets and uses specifications, drawings, blueprints diagrams, schematics, or flow charts to determine operational methods or sequences and to complete work activities.
- Researches manuals, flight logs, or other technical resources to gather information needed to complete work activities.
- Practices safety conscious behaviors in all operational processes and procedures.
- Network System Administrator: Roles and Responsibilities
- Peculiarities of Network Architect's Career Path and Training
- Network and Computer Systems Administrator: Way to Success
- Network Systems Administrator: The Key to Successful Career
- Revealing the Potential Earnings of a Computer Systems Network Administrator: An Inside Look