(Remote) Support Analyst
NorthStar is seeking a Support Analyst to join our growing team. This position will focus on our value-add modules for customer engagement (SilverBlaze) and workforce management (mCARe). As a successful candidate you will investigate, manage, track and close client and internal technical support issues. You will be responsible for contributing to a knowledge base and supporting user forums. You must have the ability to multi-task and see issues through to resolution. You will serve as primary support liaison between company and customer.
In this role, you will report to the Team Lead of our Add-Ons and Integrations team and you will be supported by a great team in providing exceptional, proactive customer service. This position will be located in a Harris office in Ottawa, Ontario. Some travel may be required.
This remote role welcomes candidates anywhere in Canada and the US.
What your impact will be:
- Front Line Customer Support Operate as frontline, primary support liaison between NorthStar and our clients and effectively respond to and resolve inquiries of both a product and technical nature received by telephone, electronically submitted tickets or through automated alerting systems.
- Assess a variety of situations, reviewing software configuration, set-up and software code and identify the correct resolution or escalate according to NorthStar Support guidelines
- Report detailed information within the client tracking system and document processes, routines, and programs by following the defined guidelines and team goals & objectives.
- Regularly review the database of submitted items and proactively follow up with internal and external clients to ensure that their inquiries and/or issues have been satisfactorily resolved.
- Work closely with other team members as part of a cohesive group in exchanging knowledge through peer-to-peer interaction, training sessions
- Maximize and maintain current knowledge and awareness of applications and related technologies.
- Develop, monitor, document and maintain best practices.
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor's degree in technology or computer science
- Proven work experience in Technical Support
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent analytical, research and problem-solving skills with a strong ability to multi-task and prioritize work effectively.
- Exceptional attention to detail and the ability to grasp concepts quickly
- Sound understanding of API and web services technologies and functions
What we can offer:
- 3 weeks' vacation and 5 personal days
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits starting from your first day of employment
- Employee stock ownership and RRSP/401k matching programs
- Lifestyle rewards
- Remote work and more!
NorthStar Utilities Solutions is a unique company that has served the utility community in North America and the Caribbean for more than 40 years. Our team members have enabled us to have continuous growth and innovation. We pride ourselves on delivering impressive customer service and standing apart as an industry leader. We are looking for people who are avid problem solvers, crave challenges, embrace technology and grasp complex ideas.
Click here to learn more about NorthStar Utilities Solutions